Somers' Page Turners
Do people say that you are opinionated? Do you never get to say all of what you want in class discussions because time runs out or you have to give someone else a turn? Do you love to read? Then this is the spot for you!!! Page Turners used to be just a summer book club, well... not anymore. Here at Somers we like to change things up a bit- ya' know...keep up with the times. So, we decided to take Page Turners online by creating a blog. It's our first online extracurricular activity! :)
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett
Monday, November 19, 2007
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Suggestions for next month...
How this works...
- Take a look at this month's book choice. Decide if you want to read it or not.
- Get a copy of the book at your school, public library, or bookstore.
- Read the entire book.
- Come back to this website and read the questions/comments that have been posted.
- Post a thoughtful response. You can give opinions, ask questions, share ideas, etc... This is YOUR club, so the discussion will only be as good as you make it.
- Keep checking back throughout the month to read new comments and participate in the discussion.
- Go back to step one for the next book discussion.
Guidelines and Expectations- Read this before doing anything else!
- Respect is key! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
- Read comments carefully.
- Friendly disagreement is okay and welcome.
- No put-downs. Save the drama for your mama!
- Remember there are no right or wrong answers.
- You MUST ACTUALLY READ THE BOOK in order to participate.
- Expect spoilers- actually, there won't be any spoilers if everyone reads the book. :)
(The guidelines were adapted from a book called Teen Book Discussion Groups @ the Library by Constance B. Dickerson.)